The NDA Exam was conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for three services: the Indian Army, the Indian Navy, and the Indian Air Force.
In this article, I will show you the NDA 2022 exam pattern to prepare proper planning and strategy at low cost based on the previous NDA Exam pattern.
- NDA Exam is conducted twice a year through offline mode (written test).
- The exam is conducted in two different phases, phase one is written test and phase two is an interview.
- The written test is conducted in two sittings, one for GAT and the other for Mathematics.
- The training period after selection is 3 years.
- The NDA exam consists of 2 sections- Mathematics and General Ability Test(GAT) in 5 hours duration.
- UPSC determines the cut-off score to prepare the merit list of the candidates who are called for the five-day selection process.
NDA Written Exam previous year papers you can download for your best practice.
If any candidate who clears the written NDA exam will proceed to the NDA SSB interview process.
Check the below table for NDA Exam Pattern Highlights
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode (Pen-Paper Based)|
|Number of sections||2|
|Language||Hindi and English|
|Asked Question Type||Objective Types or MCQ|
|Total Number of Questions||270 Questions (120 from Mathematics and 150 from General Ability Test)|
|Total Marks for Entrance Test||900 Marks (300 Marks for Mathematics and 600 Marks for General Ability Test)|
|Exam duration||2.30 hours (Each Section)|
Table of Contents
1. NDA written exam pattern
First, in this section, we are going to cover the NDA Exam pattern 2022. The written test of NDA 2022 has been Not scheduled yet.
In the written exam, NDA Exam consists of 2 papers- Mathematics and General Ability Test in offline mode.
Other details related to the exam pattern of both the sections are given below:
According to the previous pattern, NDA Exam both section marks, question and time mentioned belo
|Subject||Total No of Questions||Duration of Exam||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics||120||2 ½ Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||150||2 ½ Hours||600|
Read the following table to get to know about General Ability Test(GAT).
All GAT subjects and marks are covered in the below table.
|Part A – English||200 Marks|
|Part B – General Knowledge||Physics||100|
|History, Freedom Movement, etc.||80|
Marking Scheme For NDA Exam 2022
- For each correct answer, 2.5 marks will be allotted and 0.83 Marks deducted for each wrong answer.
- The Mathematics section will have a total of 120 questions carrying 300 marks.
- The GAT will consist of 600 marks; A total of 200 marks have been allotted for English and 400 marks for General Knowledge.
- There will be a total of 150 questions in this section, out of which 50 will be from English and 100 from General Knowledge.
- 4 marks are allotted for each correct answer in the GAT exam. And 1.33 marks deducted will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Note: No marks were deducted for the unattempted question.
Let’s look in a simple way
|Asked Question in Paper||120||150|
|Marks allotted for each correct answer||2.5+||4+|
|Marks deducted for each wrong response||-0.83||-1.33|
NDA Exam Pattern: SSB Interview
Once you clear your NDA written exam, you can appear for the NDA SSB interview. Also, the SSB interviews divide into two stages.
- The second round exam(SSB Interview) of NDA lasts for 4-5 days.
- Total Marks is 500 for the SSB interview.
Stage 1: Screening Test- There are two tests comprised in this stage, first is Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and the second Picture Perception and Description Test (PP&DT)
Stage 2: Physiological Test- In this stage all the candidates go through multiple tests like Group Testing Officer Task, Psychology Test, and Conference
|Stage 1||Officer Intelligence Rating|
|Stage 2||Psychological Test|
|Group Testing Officers Test|
Note: Candidates, who successfully qualify for the SSB round will be called for further medical test and document verification processes.
NDA Previous Year Question paper for NDA 2022
Solve NDA exam previous year’s question paper, you will easily understand the exam pattern, types of questions, and get comfortable with solving different types of questions.
|NDA 2020 Previous year question Papers PDF||Download Pdf|
|NDA 2019 Previous year Question Papers PDF for download||Download Pdf|
|NDA 2018 Previous year question paper pdf||Download Pdf|
|Download NDA 2017 Previous year Papers||Download Pdf|
|NDA 2016 previous year question paper pdf for download||Download Pdf|
- Topic Weightage: The practice of NDA previous year’s question paper helps you decide how much time you devote to a particular question.
- The practice of NDA the previous year’s question paper helps you to improve your strengths and find weaknesses.
- NDA question paper is the best resource to boost your preparation and revision. Also, mock tests help you to revision and practice.
- Best practice of NDA question paper improve confidence in the exam hall.
In NDA Exam, the question will have asked from the mathematics and General Ability Test. Mainly 10+2 level of question asked in the exam.
Mostly, questions asked in the NDA exam from these topics are mentioned in the table below.
|In Mathematics, 120 questions were asked from-||Trigonometry, Differential Calculus, Algebra, Integral Calculus & Differential equations, Logarithms, and their applications, Statistics, Probability, Vector Algebra, etc.|
|In English, 50 questions were asked from-||Grammar and Usage, Vocabulary, Comprehension, and cohesion.|
|In General Knowledge, 100 questions asked from-||Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History, Geography, Current Events.|
question diversified in this way
|Topic||No. of questions|
|Matrices & Determinants||30|
In General Ability Test,
Questions and marks diversified in this way
Part A: In English
|Topic||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
|Ordering of Words in a Sentence||9||36|
PART B: General Knowledge
|Topic||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
|History & Freedom Movement||16||64|
NDA Exam Pattern 2022: General Guidelines
Candidates must strictly follow guidelines issued by UPSC NDA on the day of the exam:
- You need to leave all types of digital watches, calculators, mathematical or logarithmic tables outside before entering the exam hall.
- Any type of communication devices, mobile phones and pages are not allowed inside the exam hall. If found a violation of this rule, you will be liable for disciplinary action as well as a life ban from any future examination.
- You are not advised to bring any valuables to the examination centre. If lost, the authorities are not responsible for it.
- Cheating is strictly prohibited. Any candidate can’t share a copy from anyone. You are not allowed to give or obtain or attempt to give or obtain irregular assistance of any description.
- No candidate should misbehave in any way or create any disorderly scene or harass the staff appointed by the Commission during the examination. If any such misconduct occurs, they will be severely punished for such act.
- You use a ballpoint pen to fill in the details in a blank circle so that it does not exceed the circle’s boundary.
- Don’t write anything on the answer sheet. You will be provided with a rough sheet for rough work.
- Don’t fold, don’t write anything or don’t damage the answer sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What are the passing marks in NDA Exam?
Answer: Minimum 25% marks required in each subject to clear the NDA 2021 written examination. After qualifying NDA written exam, the candidate call for the SSB interview.
Q. what is the full form of NDA?
Answer: NDA exam full form is “National Defence Academy”.
Q. Is NCERT Books are enough for NDA?
Answer: NCERT books are the best choice to compete for NDA Exam. Level of this exam is 10+2. First, you read NCERT, and second, you can read from other books.
Q. Can a girl join NDA after the 10th?
UPSC has allowed unmarried women to apply for the national defence academy (NDA) and naval academy exams.